Though We Fall, We Shall Arise

Jesus, when he was walking up that hill called Golgotha, fell to his knees under the weight of the cross he was bearing.

How many times have we, in our walk with God, fell under the weight of OUR cross?

We can get lost in the idea that we are supposed to walk a perfectly straight path up our "hill" with no points of error. I want to take a moment to think about what Jesus did. He fell. Jesus fell. He became so worn and weary that he could no longer carry the load on his own. He needed help bearing his cross up the hill. Just as he wants US to take up OUR cross and follow him each and every single day.

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Matthew 16:24‭-‬25 KJV

Yes, we will fall, but we WILL arise and continue on the path God has laid before us that leads to our victory!

The path is steep, it's rocky, it's not easily accessible, but when we reach the pinnacle, there is GREAT victory to be won! Don't stop climbing, don't stop reaching, don't stop walking. Most of all, don't stay down. ARISE my friend. There's victory just up ahead for those who stay the course.

Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me.

Micah 7:8 KJV

The load will be heavy at times, but right in the nick of time, God will send someone into your life that will come alongside you and help lift the burdens from your shoulders. He sees every step you take. He sees the sacrifices you make. He sees every tear that falls. There is sweet, sweet victory to be won. Through the tears, the agony and the suffering, God will deliver your life. New and resurrected into something you never dreamed possible.

Stay the course, my friend. Jesus is with you.

Comments

Popular Posts