Mamaws House

I'm amazed at the things I learn at Mamaw's house. As I'm sitting here watching some baby chicks hatch, there's one that's half-hatched and there's another that is peeking through its shell, getting ready to break through. Last time we came to visit my grandparents, my Mamaw had a snake in her chicken pen, that ate her eggs, killing any chance of new life. Just like our enemy, who tries to stop anything good from happening in our lives before it even begins. This time when we came to visit, eggs are hatching! Take that devil!

God totally spoke to me while I was watching them come to life. The chicks break through their tough shell, all on their own. Through two layers. As I'm watching, it makes me realize that the chick is helpless, but I also know that I can't help. If I did, I could harm it or worse, it could die. 

This spoke to me so loudly to say that even in God's silence, it doesn't mean he is absent. I'm watching the eggs closely, to make sure they make it out ok, but I know that they will ultimately be strengthened by my lack of help. The same goes with our Creator who is watching over us. Breakthrough is a task only WE can do. In the silence. In the darkness. In secret. With no help. Yes, it's painful. Yes, it sometimes gets lonely. Yes, when we are trying our best to see the light and all we see is darkness, it's hard to see our way out. The truth is, our Father never leaves us. He is ever present.

Sometimes he has to remove his helping hand, in order for us to GROW through what we're GOING through. If WE will break THROUGH, God will break FORTH. WE have to put forth the effort to get through the tasks God has given us. WE have to push through, fight through, break through, in order for us to get to that new level in the spirit that God wants to take us to.

We get impatient in the process of breaking through our circumstances, but God is never blind to our efforts. We have to be patient and trust that his ways are perfect. After all, he is the creator of all things. He created the shell. He knows exactly what it takes to break through it. I think maybe he just wants to see if we have the determination and willingness to face the challenges he knows are going to come our way.

Can he trust us, even through the hard times? Can he trust us to fight through what's trying to stop us? Can he trust us to push past the hindrances in our lives? Can he trust us to keep marching on, even when we honestly feel like quitting? God isn't going to give us things we're not ready to commit to. It's a choice we make each and every day. To FIGHT the good fight of faith and to run the course God has given us. Yes, there will be helpless, lonely times, but that does not mean that we are forsaken. No. It means that God is allowing us to spread our wings so we can learn how to FLY!            

Comments

Popular Posts