The Pruning Process

Alot of times, when we're going THROUGH the process to get TO what God has for us, we don't understand a single bit of it while we're going through it. If there is someone who does understand, please send them my direction! It's usually when we cross over those "bumps" in the road, sometimes hills and sometimes even mountains, that we realize exactly why God walked us through that path along the way.

It's in the "process" or the PRUNING that I've come to call it, that he makes us. It's also in that same process that he is not only making and molding us, but he is USING us, to benefit those around us. He's using us to show someone in our lives his glory and his power. That even in our own fleshly weakness, his power rests upon us to bring us through every hardship.

It's not easy and if we ever expect life to always be easy, we are kidding ourselves. Nothing great and nothing worth having ever is. The end result though will be far greater than we could ever begin to imagine. It will hardly ever be easy, but we can learn to be content in ALL things knowing that it will ALL be worth it when we reach our promised land and obtain every promise.

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

1 Corinthians 2:9 KJV

It's so great that it's not even humanly possible for us to imagine. I don't know about you, but that gives my heart such hope. Knowing that regardless of what I face, as long as I know I have heaven to gain, it makes every step worth taking. Every battle worth fighting. Every tear worth crying. Every sleepless night. Every storm. Every loss. Every hurt. It will ALL be worth it. JUST to hear my Jesus say those words. "Well done my GOOD and FAITHFUL servant."

Glory to his name! Won't it be wonderful there?! I'm looking for that city! Whose BUILDER and MAKER is God!

I thought of this song while I was writing and wanted to share:

When I Cross That River 

1.
Many hills and many valleys, these old tired feet have trod, 
And so often I have wondered, would they reach heaven's sod? 
Oh, but I know the answer when I stepped in Jordan's stream, 
And when I crossed that River, it was worth it all to me. 

Chorus 
And when I crossed that River, it was worth it all to me 
All the beauties of heaven before my eyes I could see; 
There stands Jesus and there's Mom and Dad 
They've been waiting for me 
When I crossed that River, it was worth it all to me. 

2. 
Now I've changed from rags to a robe of white 
And my shoes, they're made of gold; 
A glorious street the Lord is leading me 
All is new; there's nothing old. 

3. 
We've just stopped before my mansion, 
My name's inscribed above the door; 
Just today it was completed, 
And now I'll live here forever more.

Comments

Popular Posts