In Memory of Bro. George Scott

I've heard the saying that some people come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. Bro. George Scott was and always will be a lifetime brother and friend.

He always encouraged me to keep writing. He always encouraged me to keep letting my light shine. Any and everything I did or have done for the Lord, he always spoke words of encouragement that helped me to keep fighting the good fight. He always let me know how this gift God has given me is truly making a difference, if in no one else's life but his own. He was truly a friend, and my brother.

I can't even begin to describe how his life, during the short time that I knew him, impacted me. His life was one to model yourself after. He never met a stranger and he shared his contagious smile with everyone. He made it a point to speak positivity into the lives of those around him. He loved the Lord and he wasn't ashamed of it. Words would fail me to describe all he meant to me.

During some of my life's most difficult times, times where I sometimes felt like I wasn't reaching anyone at all, or touching anyone's life, or making a difference, he ALWAYS made me feel "seen" and "heard". To some, that may not mean much, but he helped me to know that I was and am who GOD says I am, not what the lies of the enemy told me. He helped me to see the value in encouraging others and speaking life in every situation. No matter how he felt, he NEVER had a complaint. Always praise and faith.

The one phrase that I will ALWAYS remember that he said not long ago, he said, "I told the doctor, you've broken my heart, but you haven't touched my faith." What a testimony. That even in the darkest moments of his life, he held onto God because he knew the Lord was going to see him through it.

My brother got his eternal healing. He received his crown and he's dancing on streets of gold with our Savior. There's no sorrow there. No tears, no pain. He's in the place where I long to be. Until I see him there, I will continue on doing the work God has given me to do, and always, always, always keep my faith in God.

Bro. George, our hearts may be broken, but this hasn't touched our faith because WE KNOW we will see you again my brother and friend, in that sweet Promised Land!!!

Comments

Popular Posts