I Remember

I remember a time when I was the one, standing in the pew, like the pew was a prison that kept me from moving toward the presence of God. 

I remember standing there, watching a mighty move of the holy ghost and not having the slightest idea where my place was in all of it. 

I remember the devil whispering lies in my ear. You don't have the holy ghost, you don't belong up there. Don't go to the front, that's no place for you. You don't even know what to do. Don't lift your hands, everyone will look at you. 

I also remember sitting on a pew as a child, listening to my Grandfather preach and teach the truth, without ever fully coming to the knowledge of what he was talking about. I heard it, I knew it, but it hadn't become real to me yet.

I remember being in the midst of some of the greatest holy ghost fire revival services I've ever seen in my life, without ever ENGAGING in them. I was just there. Present but not IN HIS PRESENCE.

I remember. I remember that feeling of being DISENGAGED. I remember telling myself, it's ok, you'll get the holy ghost when you get older. I know that feeling all too well. Maybe you do too. Or maybe you've known it in times past.

I want to encourage someone and help you to encourage someone else, to ENGAGE. YOU may not think you "know what you're doing". NEITHER DID I. The point is, if WE never make that first step toward GOD we will never ever find out. We will live our lives in a routine of walking into the church just to go through the motions. It's a choice we make. We either stay inside our comfort zone or we take that one step. With which ALL journeys begin.

Inside our comfort zone, we'll never know what it's like to abandon all our pride and worship God in the liberty of his presence. We'll never know what it's like to feel after God and FIND HIM. We'll never know what it means to worship him in SPIRIT AND TRUTH. We'll never feel the absolute joy of standing in the presence of the Almighty God. We'll never know what it's like to feel so wonderfully FREE.

Just as with anything else, we'll never know until we TRY. I encourage you, TRY GOD. Take that step toward him. Don't let the devil talk you into believing that it's not FOR YOU. His word says LET EVERYTHING that has breath, PRAISE the Lord! Until we offer him praise, we'll never come to KNOW what true WORSHIP is. As my pastor preached to us tonight and told us to TAKE OUR PLACE, he also said taking your place in the kingdom of God means stepping OUT of your comfort zone.

I'm so thankful I took that step out of my pew that night and found out for myself, just what it's like. It's something I will never ever take for granted. With praise comes POWER. With worship, all worries disappear.

When I lift my hands, it's because I owe him my life. When I shout, it's because I can't contain my praise. When I leap for joy, it's because I know what it's like to feel anything but. When I run it's because I know what it's like to not want to move a single step. He's an awesome God and he's worthy of ALL PRAISE!

We praise him for all he's done, we worship him for WHO HE IS! It's not about me, it's not about you, it's about HIM. The one who died on a tree so that me and you would have the freedom and liberty to stand in his house to freely bring him praise, honor and glory. Lord help us to never forget where we've all come from! and to REMEMBER all that's been done for us, how far we've come and where God is taking us!

TODAY IS THE DAY OF SALVATION! and there's only ONE way!

Acts 2:38!!!

Comments

Popular Posts