Be-YOU-tiful

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

Psalms 139:14‭-‬18 KJV

At bible study yesterday evening, a discussion came up about God's creation and how he created the entire universe. It's hard for our minds to fathom the ENORMOUS size of the universe we live in. Yet, in ALL OF THE UNIVERSE, our great, big God knows US.

He knows us on a personal, intimate, deep level. More than any person ever could. He fashioned us in HIS image. To reflect him. To shine his light into other's lives. To be his hands and feet.

Sometimes it amazes me how such an awesome God pays so much attention TO ME. He knows every detail of my life and CARES about even the smallest of things. He blesses us in little but BIG ways to show us just how much he cares and loves us. Even when we push him away, even when we shun him, he's still RIGHT THERE. Waiting patiently and will gracefully take us back in the moment we turn our hearts back towards him.

Sometimes, in our moments of hurt, it's so easy to "turn off" our heart. We think that if we just close ourselves off that we won't be hurt anymore. Nothing is farther from the truth. When we don't allow ourselves to be open to not only the good but the bad as well, we're not just shutting out the world, we're shutting out God. Yes, it's possible. I know because I've done it.

But when we realize that God created us for HIS purpose, for his perfect plan, for his perfect will is when we can start on the path to heal.

Knowing that it's God who created us, it's God who does all great things for us, it's God who forms and fashions our lives, it's God from whom ALL blessings flow, it's God who guards our hearts, it's God who protects us and shields us, it's God who loves us, SO MUCH.

He created you for a purpose that ONLY YOU can fulfill. There are people who are going to need to hear the words that ONLY YOU will speak. There are souls so thirsty for something more that ONLY YOU will be able to lead them to that living water.

Don't spend your life shunning the world to protect yourself. KNOW that God is FOR YOU and he's created you for SUCH A TIME as this. Be YOU. There's only one and God loves ALL of you. Will you give him all of you? Will you trust him to guard your heart? Place it all in his hands and watch him unfold a beautiful story, JUST FOR YOU.

Comments

Popular Posts