Jesus Loves You

We are not called out to be separate in order to compare ourselves to the world. We are called out to be separated FROM the world.

Tonight, I just want to encourage anyone and everyone who may be struggling with self confidence. Of course, we aren't supposed to be arrogant or boastful when it comes to how we carry ourselves, but God never intended for us to "look down" on ourselves either. Of course all of us don't struggle with this, but I guarantee at least one person reading this has struggled with this before or is at this moment. Myself included.

This blog post is a little different, and that's ok. I just want to talk about this subject a little bit and it was on my heart to share.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 1:27 KJV

What? God created US in HIS image? In his likeness? YES, he did!

I just want to share a little bit about me and my struggles. Since I was a little girl, I've always been "different". I went to a school from kindergarten until the eighth grade where if you didn't LOOK a certain way or DRESS a certain way, you were an outcast. I was teased, I was bullied, I was called every name I can think of but my own. Simply for how I looked ON THE OUTSIDE.

But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.

1 Samuel 16:7 KJV

Praise God! God looks at our hearts ❤. He sees us for ALL we are and loves us just the same. He doesn't care how we look, he doesn't care what anyone else says about us. He doesn't care how the enemy tries to make us compare ourselves to the images of the world. He calls us HIS and he loves us for what is on the INSIDE. It doesn't matter how you were treated in your past. It doesn't matter who belittled you and made you feel "less than". It doesn't matter who called you that ugly name.

What matters is WHO we are and WHOSE we are. We are SONS & DAUGHTERS of the King of Kings. Bought with a price. Paid for by the blood of Jesus that he shed for us at calvary. We are HIS and when it's all said and done, what will matter is what's on the inside of us. Our soul. It will go one of two places. Heaven or hell.

Am I saying that we shouldn't honor the body God has given us? No. His word says we are his temple and to honor him with our bodies. But it shouldn't become a stumbling block for us. Jesus loves you just the way you are. This world's views and opinions of you are of LITTLE importance. What matters is how JESUS views you. What matters is how JESUS loves you. He's the only one who ever laid down his life for you, to set you free.

Be encouraged in the Lord tonight. You are beautiful, you are wonderful, you are a chosen vessel. Jesus loves you for exactly who you are. ❤

Comments

Popular Posts