An Attitude of Gratitude

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

Philippians 4:11 KJV

This scripture speaks deeply to my heart on this Thanksgiving day. It's actually spoken to me for quite some time now. I truly believe that contentment is what God has been instilling in me through the season I'm in. Each season God takes us through, he doesn't intend on us just walking through and coming out empty handed. He has things to impart to us in every one of them.

Each season has a lesson. It may not be a lesson that's comfortable or easy, but if we always lived a life of comfort and ease, we would never be challenged to grow stronger. God always, always, always has a message in our messes. It may be harder at times to know and understand the message, but it's always there.

God will draw us into a place with him where his voice is all we hear. That place of silence is sometimes so necessary. It's not the easiest place to be. Matter of fact, it can feel like a dry and lonely place. It's in that place though, where God can speak more clearly to our hearts the things he needs to instill in us. Sometimes we want to shut him out and go our own way. I know, I've been guilty of it myself. He has a way of drawing us back in to his side though. I'm so thankful for that, always.

His love for us is greater than ANYTHING. His love for us protects us from ourselves. He sees beyond our RIGHT NOW to everything he wants to bring to pass in our lives. His love for us draws us close to him. To learn of him. To get to know him in ways that only a certain season can teach us. To learn that his love for us truly is enough. To learn that it doesn't matter what or who comes or goes, HE. IS. ENOUGH.

His love is more than we ever deserve, it's more than we can ever begin to imagine. His plans for us are great.

If there's one thing that I'm so thankful for today and every single day is the love and peace of God that covers me. Without him, we're nothing. With him and THROUGH him, we can do ALL things. So, no matter what season God has asked you to walk through, be grateful and content in ALL things. Receive all he is wanting to do IN you. Allow him to cultivate your heart so that HIS purposes can come to pass in your life.

Contentment is a beautiful thing. Allow him to bring you into it.

Have an abundantly blessed Thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular Posts