Vessels of Honor

But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.  If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.  Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

2 Timothy 2:20‭-‬22 KJV

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Ephesians 2:10 KJV

Vessels are created for USE. To be poured INTO so that they can then be poured OUT OF. WE were created for GOOD WORKS, for HIS use. To be completely submitted to his purpose and his plan for us. To walk in obedience to his leading. When we are fully in submission, then and only then can he operate in us and through us.

If you think about it, just like a piece of pottery goes through the fire to be purified, God uses that same method with us. In order for him to be able to pour his spirit IN, our vessels, our hearts, our spirits have to be pure. Something as pure and holy as the spirit of God cannot and will not dwell in an unclean temple or "vessel". 

The same goes for pouring out of our vessels. If what is being poured into us is impure and unholy, then we will POUR OUT impure and unholy things. 

Submit fully to God and allow him to have his way in your life. If you feel like you're not worthy, that's ok. None of us are! There was only one that was and will ever be perfect and he died on Calvary for us! It's our purpose and goal each and every day to strive to be more and more like him. Pure and holy UNTO good works. For his eternal purpose. For his ways. For his plan.

He wants and needs submissive clay. He is our potter. We are in his hands and each day that we walk in obedience to our Father is a day that he can and will use us for his glory. Our lives are not our own. Everything we are, all we've done and all we ever will do is not because of our own power or strength. It's through our Father who wants ALL good things for us. Walk in his perfect will and he will have his perfect way in your life! 

A song me and my sister have sang for years:

A vessel of honor, I'm longing to be
As clay to the potter, May I be to thee
You may have to break down resistance at times, but Lord don't stop molding or shaping my life

Shape me dear Father
Please make me like you
Mold me completely, so I can be true
And if you have to break me, may I understand
That you're still loving and holding my life in your hands

It would be such disservice
Results would be nill
If clay rejects potter, and seeks its own will
It would only be cast out, to that ol' potter's field
Please don't cast me out Master, put me back on your wheel

Shape me dear Father
Please make me like you
Mold me completely, so I can be true
And if you have to break me, may I understand
That you're still loving and holding my life on your hands

❤❤❤

Comments

Popular Posts