Why the Wait?

Wait on the Lord : be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Psalms 27:14 KJV

I waited patiently for the Lord ; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.

Psalms 40:1 KJV

I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning.

Psalms 130:5‭-‬6 KJV

Seems the Lord has been clearly speaking to me about WAITING today. I've made the statement before that God takes our weaknesses and uses us the most in those places! When we are weak is where his strength is made perfect. I have to admit, waiting is definitely not a strength of mine. I've always been one to stay on top of things in my life. I believe in being diligent in ALL aspects of life.

When things happen that slow us down, when things happen that are completely out of our control, when things happen that we don't understand, when we have questions with no answers, when we don't know what's next, God says wait.

That stings a little doesn't it? It hurts our flesh most of all. We're human. We're creatures of habit. We like it when things are going OUR way. We like KNOWING. We like being in our comfort zones. We like it when all goes according to plan.

However, God's perfect will is above ALL things that WE have in mind for ourselves. If we're constantly living in a routine way in our walk with God, we're not growing. If WE follow our own plan, how will we ever reach the full potential of ALL God has in store for us? How will we ever get to that next level in God if he doesn't shake us out of our nest and cause us to learn to fly? How will we ever go beyond where we are RIGHT NOW to the FUTURE God has perfectly planned for us if we don't get out of his way and let him work?

He says wait. Of course we want it all to happen RIGHT NOW, but God is a God of ORDER. His divine order and plan for our lives far outweighs any idea WE could ever fathom. So, he says wait.

Wait, watch and pray. He knows exactly what he's doing. Although we may not SEE, we KNOW God's word and his promises to be ABSOLUTE, unchanging and unshakeable. Hold onto his word. Lay your worries and cares at his feet. I promise he hears, he sees and he understands FULLY everything you're going through.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Proverbs 3:5‭-‬6 KJV

He will lead, guide and protect us. We are his children and he wants and desires us to have all GOOD things. Does it always FEEL GOOD? Certainly not. BUT he does promise that he is with us, he is for us, he will never leave us, he will never ever forsake us, he will protect us, guard us and shield us. He will most definitely direct us in ALL things. Trust him. He has a perfect plan.

Comments

Popular Posts