Believe to Receive

Faith has a few aspects, the one I'd like to write about today is BELIEF. Some may say that faith and believing are the same. Truth is, they are closely related but not exactly the same. I'll give you guys my view on it.

The past few weeks I've been in some situations where it would have been much easier for me to just throw in the towel than to go on, BUT my faith AND belief in God and his power is what kept me going. I BELIEVED that I was going through these things for a reason, and I BELIEVED that he had a purpose for my trial. I BELIEVED that even though these things were coming against me and my work for the Lord, I would still prevail.

See faith is something more than just a trust or belief in something. Faith is our works and BELIEF is the driving force that motivates us to put our works into action. Belief comes from within, in our hearts.

James 2:18
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

I heard this verse this past Sunday and I've read it before, but never really quite grasped the meaning until I heard it AFTER what I had been going through. What it means to me is that if you have 2 people, one has faith alone, the other has works, which one has true faith? In James 2, it says faith without works is dead. So people may talk and say they BELIEVE, but if there's no action behind those words, there is no faith at all. We pray and ask God for things but do we REALLY believe he's going to give them to us? Or do we just pray and hope that maybe it will work out for our good?

If you're living your life the way God intended you to, there's no way he could keep anything good from coming to you. When you pray and ask God for things, not only should we have the faith to ask but we also have to BELIEVE deep down in our hearts that it will come to pass! There is nothing or no-one that can keep the good that God has promised us FROM us, except ourselves. We can pray and hope all day but if we don't put BELIEF behind our faith and prayers, he's not able to fully work in our lives.

So my encouragement today is that when you say you have faith, also BELIEVE that what you have faith in is going to work out! Not only work out but work out FOR YOUR GOOD! Just another one of God's promises in our lives is in Romans 8 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 

So trust and know that God has a plan and purpose for your every step! Take steps each day to bring yourself closer to our Lord and Savior and he will show you the way! No matter what may be going on around you, always trust and BELIEVE that there is purpose in the midst of it all. When you pray about these things and the issues you need God to work out for you, don't just ask but Ask, BELIEVE, and you shall RECEIVE! So be of good faith, put your faith to work and show God that you BELIEVE him when he says he has a plan and he will show us the way! 

I love all you guys for reading my blog posts and I'm so grateful that I'm able to touch someone's life through my words :)

Faith, Hope & Love,
Christie

Comments

Popular Posts