Seek Ye First

Well, it's been a while since I've posted on my blog so I thought I'd write today about seeking God. 

Matthew 6:33 - But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 

Today, I have to be honest, I've been feeling a little discouraged. After last night, starting my Bible study group and having a great night talking about the Lord, it's hard for me to understand why I feel this way today. I should be overjoyed! 

When you're faced with the cares of the world each day, it can sometimes be hard to feel joy when all you really want to do is be frustrated. Sometimes it can seem like you're never going to get ahead or catch a break. Sometimes you feel like things will never work out the way you plan.

What I've found to be comforting, is that when I start to feel any of these things, I go to my Bible, open it to any given page and just start reading. I find comfort in knowing that no matter what I may face, all I have to do is go to the word (seek him) and it will take my mind so far off of what was worrying me. 

Beyond that, when we choose to seek God in those moments of worry and frustration, is when he will keep his promise to us that he WILL add all that we NEED (not what WE want) to our lives. It's so easy to lose sight of the big picture and why we're here when we're faced with difficulty. That's why it's so important to not only seek him in moments of trials but in good times as well. So that when we do face a situation where we're worried about the outcome, we will already be in the habit of seeking him and his guidance. Once we do that, it won't require much thought of us to go to him in prayer and seek his face each and every time we need an uplifting. 

So my encouragement is to seek God always and continually no matter what. When we rely on him fully is when he is ABLE to give us what we have need of. Whether it be finances, emotions or anything else we face in our day to day lives. He will be there, always. Once we seek him and what he would have us to do with our lives and our energy, then our own troubles and worries will soon become irrelevant. Not only will he show up, but he will work everything for our good because we LOVE him. 

Today I've been faced with things that would usually frustrate me, and I'm not going to lie, I have been. That is why I chose to write about this subject, to not only help whoever reads this but to also re-iterate with myself what I already know. I got this and so do you! When the enemy sees us doing work for the Lord and seeking him in all we do, he tries any and everything he can to try and get us to lose sight of our blessings! Once again, that's why it's so important to always and continually seek God. So that the enemy doesn't have a foothold to bring us down!

So be encouraged! Seek God! and everything will all work out for our good!

I hope I've helped someone and I hope to post more encouragement soon!

Faith, Hope & Love,
Christie 

Comments

Popular Posts