Fearfully Faithful

2 Timothy 1:7 KJV
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Today I'm inspired to write about fear and how sometimes it can be crippling. Not only in our day to day life but in our walk with God.
As scripture says, he didn't give us the spirit of fear. So where does it come from? The enemy! God gives us all the ability to fight off negativity and that little voice in our head (the enemy) telling us what we CAN'T do. Where we fall short is our faith in him. We've all been guilty at one point or another! I know I sure have. Even so, there is hope to be found once we put all of our faith in him.
I want to share one of the most fearful things I've ever done. There is a sense of freedom that comes when you are open with not only yourself but others as well. Once you acknowledge it, it will then give you the ability to not only recognize it, but it will also empower you to say "No! I'm not going to let this fear (the enemy) dictate what I can and can't do!" Once we take the step to identifying our fears, then and only then can we overcome them.
So here goes...A couple years ago, I decided to take a leap of faith (accompanied with fear). I uprooted my entire life and moved away from everything I had ever known to Tennessee. I knew I needed a big change in my life in order to be able to MAKE a change in my life. Scary? yes, BUT I knew it had to be done. I knew that I no longer had the choice to be stagnant in my walk with God. I walked hand in hand with the things of this world for far too long.
While in Tennessee, I faced hardship after hardship. There were times I went hungry and times where I couldn't provide just the basic necessities for myself. I had to make do with what I had. Not being able to provide for MYSELF, plus being alone, was terrifying. Hence where MY fear comes in. My biggest fears, which to me go hand in hand, are being or feeling alone as well as not being able to provide for myself.
During these times, I and I emphasize I, allowed myself to let my fears overpower my faith. There has to be a point in our lives where we decide we've had enough. Enough of the hindrance brought about by our fears. Enough of allowing ourselves to doubt. FAITH cannot co-exist with doubt. The Lord cannot work in our lives if we are leaning on our fears instead of our FAITH. The world is full of doubt, it's time we take back our power and stand firm in our purpose, knowing that God is going to fulfill his will for our lives.
Romans 12:2 ( I encourage you to read this whole chapter)
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

I love this verse. I feel like it really signifies what I gave up and overcame in order to be transformed. I was able to transform not only my mind but my way of life. Everything I went through, all the hardships, the pain, the loneliness, it ALL had a purpose. Had it not been for the trials I went through, I never would have found what I THOUGHT I was missing all along. In my loneliness, I found a lifetime companion. In my desperation, I found a savior. In my FEARS, I found my FAITH. I found my POWER, LOVE, and SOUND MIND. I gave up conforming to this world to be transformed in mind and spirit. So that through my story, I CAN prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God. In relation, God gives us each a gift, we all have abilities that he granted to us so that we may use our gift to give away to others! :)

So my encouragement is, don't let your faith be overpowered by your fears! If you so choose, you can find yourself, find your gift and give it away!

Romans 12:21 - Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Overcome the supplier of our FEARS (the enemy) with the author and finisher of our FAITH (JESUS CHRIST!) and he will see you through! Don't let that little voice in your head keep you from following God's plan for your life! No matter your situation, trust the process and ALWAYS have unwaivering faith that the Lord has a greater plan! The times that you don't think you're going to make it, think of me and my story and what I made it through. Know that God is going to see you through and bring you out the other side stronger and more powerful than before! He will be everything you need at the exact moment you need it, if you let him. Let him be your everything and he will bless you accordingly! 

My gift is my testimony, what's yours?

Faith, Hope & Love, 
Christie





Comments

Popular Posts