Taming My Tongue

Ephesians 4:29 - Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. 

As the old saying goes, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. It's such an old saying but very true. I can be the world's worst at times when it comes to keeping my mouth shut. (Guess it's just the red head coming out in me!) But I've gotten much better and I even feel convicted now when I talk to someone in anything but a gracious manner. I don't do it without cause (or so I say) I do it usually because someone provokes me or I don't agree with something that they're doing. Here lately though, I've learned that it's not always my place to speak and certainly not my place to say anything but kind words to others. It has taken me a long time to learn how to think before speaking but I'm getting better at it! I'm a work in progress as we all are. I just want to always be gracious towards others so that they see my life is lived for the Lord and that he lives in me. When I speak any other way than graciously towards others, there's no way for them to see that. We should all live our lives that way. If someone upsets us, just smile and say well I still love you and Jesus loves you too. The bible says when we do that, we reap coals of fire upon their head. No better way for them to see the love of God in us than if we are still able to smile at them and bless them when they're cursing us. Same as they did with Jesus. He got the worst and still went to the cross and died for the same people that were sending him there. My point is, no matter what anyone does or says to us, we should not in any way shape or form allow them or their words to bring us down to the level of cursing them (aka telling them off lol) just because they're cursing us. That makes us just like them. It's up to us to rise above that and be gracious to one another because that's exactly what the Lord would have us to do. In the end, great is our reward.


Galatians 6:9 - And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Keep love in your heart, always. When you have love in your heart, that shines through to the outside. Don't be afraid to show others love and compassion. Even when they're not showing it to you, don't grow weary. God sees you and your intentions. Even when the world doesn't. In due season, you will reap for what you have sown. Faint not, be strong and show the world there's still a such thing as LOVE.

...

Love always, 
Christie G.

Comments

Popular Posts