I Am Weak but Thou Art Strong

Where we find that we will be able to make a positive change for the better in our lives, is when we're able to identify and own our weaknesses. Not letting them own us.

Everyone has their "demons" or weaknesses. My biggest weakness at this point in my life is, letting my emotions get the best of me. I'm getting better at it and I still have lots of work to do, but! I'm not alone in the fight to overcome my faults and neither are you.

1 Corinthians 10:13 KJV says:

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

So even though we face moments of temptation where we're tempted to go outside of God's will for us, he gives us this sincere promise that we do not have to face them alone. He is with us always.

I had a situation a couple nights ago where I had a choice to make. I didn't realize it until I was in that moment. I was angry about something and I knew that if anyone were to come in contact with me, they would've thought, "well my goodness, what's wrong with her?!"...and in that moment, something came over me and I said to myself, "why am I angry? Is this really worth being angry about? Is what I'm angry about worth pushing those I love away?" And the answer was a big NO! Then I had another thought come to me, "Is this how God would want me to act? Is this showing his love to others? How can I act this way if I genuinely want to show love? That's not showing love at all!"

So right there in the parking lot, I thought of God, his love and his power to help me see my own faults. In that moment I realized that I let a lot of little small things that are completely out of my control really effect me emotionally. I also realized that it's not worth it! 

Psalms 46:10 KJV says:

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

In that moment I realized that how I reacted was not a Godly reaction and that I need only just to be still and know! that God was in control. I had to realize that I need to let God be God! Only HE has the power to work certain things out for us.

You know, a lot of times we try to take matters into our own hands, hence becoming upset when it doesn't go our way. If we could only realize and recognize the behaviors that seperate us from God! In those moments that we're TEMPTED to think that we have control over a situation, not only is God with us and watching us but HE, not I, is in control! HE will deliver us from our own weaknesses! HE will transform our thinking into knowing that we need not to sweat the small things! HE's got it all in his hands! HE will never leave us nor forsake us! So the next time you have that urge to LET one of those little "demons" pop onto your shoulder and whisper in your ear, remind it that your GOD is in control! HE gives YOU the power and ability to recognize and overcome those negative thoughts that sometimes captivate us.

Matthew 4:10 KJV says:


Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.


The enemy knows this already! Sometimes we just have to remind him! So stay encouraged friends! You have the power to overcome through Jesus! He loves you and wants to see you prosper in ALL areas, including helping you overcome your weaknesses! Stay blessed and show love always because God is Love! 

Faith, Hope, Love,
Christie






Comments

Popular Posts